TrainWeb Hosted Websites Featuring
railhistory.com domain name is available for purchase.
Click here for more info or to make an offer.
The amount listed is the "BUY NOW" price. Please feel free to submit a lower offer for us to consider.
Purchase of the domain name does not include contents of the website.
Sorted by URL and not by title.
- ★ = Active website noted for volume & quality of information & photos.
- ☆ = Inactive website noted for archival information & photos.
- ☡ = Caution - functioning website but exhibiting some technical problems.
- Δ = New website under construction. Might be empty of content.
- CLICK HERE to return to the Directory.
- ★ '20s, '30s & Beyond Modular Model Railroad
The '20s, '30s & Beyond Modular Model Railroad recreates the Golden Age of railroading modeled in 1:87 HO scale.
- ☆ LIRR Abandoned Spurs
Site about the Abandoned LIRR Spurs all over.
Abandoned LIRR is a Site Dedicated to The Past, Present and Future of the Vast Network of Abandoned LIRR Stations, Spurs, and Anything related...
- ★ Altoona Railway Museum Club
- ★ American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation
Some items for sale to support the 501c3 non-profit APRHF to preserve American passenger rail heritage.
- ☆ Atlantic-Hibernia
Atlantic and Hibernia, HO Scale Model Railroad.
- ☆ British Columbia Railway Historical Association
- ★★★ The Jay Street Connecting R.R.
- ★ Bluemont Branch
Southern Railway & Predecessor Railroads.
- Bulyea Junction
- ★ The Cambria and Indiana Railroad
- Camden & Amboy Railroad Historical Group
- ★ Rip Van Winkle Railroads - Catskill Mountain
www.trainweb.org/catskillmtn - Rip Van Winkle Railroads
The Rip Van Winkle Railroads, a nickname given to them, were a consortium of four little railroads that operated in the Catskill Mountains of New York for nearly forty years. The four railroads, the Catskill Mountain Railway, the Otis Elevating Railway , the Cairo Railroad, and the Catskill & Tannersville Railway were all interconnected narrow gauge (3 ft.) devoted to the transportation of vacationers to the Mountaintop...
- ★ Cleveland & Eastern Interurban Historical Society & Museum
- ☆ Pennsylvania Railroad Central Region 1940-1949
- ☆ The Unofficial Chicago Great Western Railway Page
- ★ Chessie System Historical Society
- ★★★ Dan's Railpix Photos of San Francisco Bay Area and Beyond...
- ★★ Delaware & Northern Railroad
- ★ Dominion Atlantic Railway
www.trainweb.org/dominionatlantic - Dominion Atlantic Railway
Railroad building in 19th Canada was no less of a national enterprise than in its neighbor to the south. Railroads in Atlantic Canada were especially prolific due in large measure to fear by Canadians that right after the US Civil War, with over a million men in arms, that is the US decided to invade and annex Canada there would be little that the Canadians could do to...
- ☆☆☆ Eastern Pennsylvania Rail Page
- ★★★ El Paso Streetcars Home Page
- ★ Railroad and Transportation Museum of El Paso
- Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway
- ★ Railroading in the El Paso Southwest - SW Chapter R&LHS
- ☆ Eureka Hill
- ★ 150 Years on the Rail
- ★ The Franz Swing
- ★ Golden Spike Chapter, Railway & Locomotive Historical Society
- ★ Hamilton Transit History
- ★ Bay City Railway Historical Foundation
- ☆ The Lost Railways of Ireland
- ★ Jordan Spreader
- ★ KenRail
- ★ Kentucky & Indiana Terminal Railroad
- ★ Keokuk Junction Railway
- ★ LS&BC - The LaSalle and Bureau County Railroad Company
- ★ McCloud Rails
www.trainweb.org/mccloudrails - McCloud Rails
This website seeks to document the life and times of the rail lines owned and operated by three principle companies in the life of McCloud, the McCloud River Lumber Company, the McCloud River Railroad Company, and the McCloud Railway Company...
- ★ Mile Post 51 N.Y. Railroad Memorabilia
- ☆ Milwaukee Road Online
- ★ The Milwaukee Road Pacific Extension: The myth of superiority
- ☆ Milwaukee Road History
- ☆ Trains From Then To Now
www.trainweb.US/mistertrains - Trains From Then To Now
American Railroading, 1955 to today. The railroads of a train nut. Photos and items of interest. The locomotive you are looking at is the same locomotive 4960 that now operates for the Grand Canyon Railway out of Williams, AZ. At the time this photo was taken, the locomotive had not been retired from the Burlington Route...
- ★ Manistique and Lake Superior Railroad
- ★ Mid-Michigan Railway Historical Society
- ☆ Metrolink Photo Archive
- ★ Northern Ohio Association of Railway Societies
- ★ Northern Ohio Railway Museum
- ☆ Nottingham Historical Society
- ★ Narragansett Pier Railroad
- ★ Long Island Sunrise Trail Chapter of the NRHS
- ☆ The New York Connecting Railroad (Society) Website
- ★ NY Chapter, National Railway Historical Society
- ☆ Railroads of the 1939 / 1940 World's Fair
- ☆ New Zealand Geared Locomotives
- ★ New Zealand Railways Steam Locomotives
- ☆ Ohio Valley Railroad Historical Foundation Inc
- ★★★ B&O RR Photo Tours
www.trainweb.org/oldmainline - B&O RR Photo Tours
Virtual tours of the Baltimore and Ohio (now CSX) railroad. Over 2000 Photos, Over 15 Years, B&O Old Main Line Tour, The OML is the route of the first commercial railroad in the United States as it pushed west from Baltimore, MD to the Ohio River. It was constructed largely by hand between 1828 and 1835, and amazingly, continues in active railroading use even now. Voted top B&O history web site...
- ★ Old Time Trains
www.trainweb.org/oldtimetrains - Old Time Trains
Canadian Railway History and Stories - Preserving Our Railway Heritage. The road to knowledge begins with the turn of the page. Formed in May 1967 by R.L.Kennedy as successor to RAILFANS UNLIMITED. At this time a new direction was taken, whereas previously steam excursions were the main activity (along with a small newsletter covering C.P.R. Toronto motive power), interest now turned to preservation...
- ☆ Omaha Railway & Chicago NorthWestern
- ★ The Philadelphia Chapter of the NRHS
- ★ Piedmont Railroaders
www.trainweb.org/PiedmontRR - Piedmont Railroaders
founded In Warrenton, Virginia in February 1995 as an organization for railroad enthusiasts of all ages, and to provide a place where the members could share their individual interests in railroading. Promoting all aspects of the hobby from railfanning to history to prototype equipment restoration and preservation to model railroading, we endeavor to create a common bond among our member's varied interests. The Club supports various community activities by participating in public train shows, town sponsored railroad festivals, and in support of the Boy Scouts of America Railroad Merit Badge program...
- ★ PotomacNRHS
www.trainweb.org/PotomacNRHS - Title
Potomac Chapter is a group of railfans based in the National Capital Area. We are chartered as a branch of the National Railway Historical Society (NRHS). We seek to increase public awareness of railroads and their history...
- ★ Phillipsburg Railroad Historians, Inc. and Centerville & Southwestern
- ☆☆☆ Pennsylvania Trains
- ★ Rahway Valley Railroad (RVRR)
- ☆ Railfanning Bourbonnais
- ☆☆☆ Ohio Rails
www.trainweb.US/railmaster - Ohio Rails
Photos around Ohio of Conrail, CSX, Hocking Valley Scenic Railway, Indiana & Ohio Railway, Maintenance Of Way, Norfolk Southern, Ohio Central, Steam Locomotives and other historical rail photos. Also audio recordings, radio frequencies, locomotive rosters and more...
- ☆ Railref - Railway Archive Reference System
- ☆ Railroad Research
- ★ RailWest - West Country Railway Archives
- ☆ Rallec Railroad
- ☆ Richmond, Fredericksburg & Potomac (RF&P)
- ☆ River Run Road "Route Of The Bricks"
- ★ Golden Spike Chapter, Railway & Locomotive Historical Society
- ★ Rail-Marine Information Group (RMIG)
- ★ The Robber Barons
www.trainweb.org/robberbarons - The Robber Barons
The growth of America's most important railroads during the 19th century can be characterized by a number of larger-than-life luminaries. Some were simply honest, astute business men, while others were clearly unscrupulous tycoons, commonly known as The Robber Barons. This website catalogues those individuals, providing a brief bio as well as identifying the railroad(s) with which they are most clearly associated...
- ★ Roundhouse
- ☆ The Railroads of York, Pennsylvaniak
- ☆ Ravenna Railroad Historical Society
- ★ RSHS Depot Email List
www.trainweb.org/rshs - RSHS Depot Email List
Provides a forum for subscribers for the exchange of information related to railroad depots, stations, and other railroad structures. The list will also disseminate information regarding the Railroad Station Historical Society...
- ★ Sydney & Louisburg Railway 1895-1968
- ★ The Railroads of the Schoharie Valley
- ★ Family Lines GP16 Roster
- ☆☆☆ Screaming Eagles
- ☆ Shay #12 Knowledge
www.trainweb.US/shay12 - Shay #12 Knowledge.
"Three Foot Rails for shay #12 Through History. Narrowguage Class C Shay geared logging locomotive. This model represents builders serial number 3302 operated on the West Side Lumber Co. railroad operations as Number 12 out of Tudumne in the state of...
- ★ Single Line - the Token web site
www.trainweb.org/singleline - Single Line - the Tokens web site
At present, the site is a collection of photographs of various keys, tablets and staffs mainly from the railways of East Anglia. It is hoped to expand the site to include other areas of the country as time and images become available. The tokens are grouped together as indicated in the list below, any maps associated with the tokens are only a guide to the relative positions of the token stations and are definitely not to scale...
- San Jose Turn
- ★ Smoky Mountain Railroad
- ★ Seattle & North Coast Railroad Historical & Technical Society
- ☆☆☆ Southern Tier Line
www.trainweb.US/southerntier - Southern Tier Line.
The Ultimate Railfan Guide to the Southern Tier Line including Conrail, History, Norfolk Southern Operating Plan, Photo Album, Schedules, Radio Frequencies, Track Maps, Rules, Employee Timetable, Fate of the Southern Tier Line, Interlocking, etc...
- ★ Swanton Pacific Railroad
www.trainweb.org/sprr - Swanton Pacific Railroad.
The "Cal Poly" Swanton Pacific Historical Railroad Society is dedicated to those who: Are nuts about trains, Have a love for history, Like to be working on a fun project outdoors, Want live steam maintenance or operating experience, Have/Want machine shop, welding, or foundry experience...
- ☆ Railroad Stations of San Antonio
- ★ Stump-Gulch Torent & Rock Junction Railroad
www.trainweb.org/strrailroad - Stump-Gulch Torent & Rock Junction Railroad.
Buells Creek Railway Systems 1910, Rideau Valley. STR Railroad. In 1960 the planning began for that ultimate in a model railroad. The original STR Railroad was constructed as a portable 2ft x 7ft module in 1960 and sufficed along with additions until 1970 when construction began on the STR Railroad as known today. The ultimate plan was to be...
- ☆☆☆ New York City Subways
- ★ Susquehanna Valley Railway Historical Society
- ☆ The Tennessee, Alabama & Georgia Railway
www.trainweb.US/tagrailway - The Tennessee, Alabama & Georgia RailWay
This site is dedicated to the history of the Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia Railway, and its rolling stock, motive power, and structures that supported a railroad that ran from Chattanooga, Tennessee, through Georgia, and into Gadsden, Alabama. The TAG ceased to exist in 1971, when it was...
- ★ Canadian Railway - Agent, Operator, Dispatcher Genealogical Index
- ☆☆☆ Memories of The Texas & Pacific Railway
- ☆ The Southerner
- ★ The Ultimate Steam Page
www.trainweb.org/tusp - The Ultimate Steam Page
Despite their apparent demise over 40 years ago, steam locomotives continue to work productively in remote locations around the world. Numerous serious attempts have been made to bring steam locomotives back into general railway use...
- ★ The Wisconsin Electric Railway Historical Society, Inc.
www.trainweb.org/twerhs - The Wisconsin Electric Railway Historical Society, Inc.
Incorporated in 1967 as a non-profit, educational, historical society, dedicated to the preservation of electric railway history and promotion of present day electric transit systems. We were perhaps best known for our East Troy Trolley Museum, which we operated from 1972 until forced to close in 1984. Despite our museum closing, we remain a viable and active organization. All functions and...
- ☆☆☆ Tylick Division Office
- ☆ The Unofficial CGW web site
- ☆ UK Railways
www.trainweb.US/ukrailways - UK Railways
Devoted to all aspects of railways in the United Kingdom. A collection of photos and articles by Riger Viggers. Kindly note that photos have been selected for their railway interest rather than photographic quality. Many date back several years and were taken in difficult circumstances...
- ★★★ Ulster & Delaware Railroad
- ★ Unadilla Valley Railway
- ★ Washington & Old Dominion Railway
www.trainweb.org/wandod - Washington & Old Dominion Railway
The W&OD came into being when the Southern Railway leased the Bluemont Branch to the new company in 1912. Constructed as an electric interurban at a time when such properties were past their prime, the W&OD was destined to struggle for all of its life, coming to and end in the late 1960's...
- ★ Heritage DiscoveRy Center
- ★ Western New York Railway Historical Society
- ★ Western Pacific F7 918-D
- ★ The Yellow Kid
www.trainweb.org/yellowkid - The Yellow Kid
In the late 19th Century, the Pennsylvania Railroad instituted a new Chicago-New York, and the first all vestibule train in America called the "Pennsylvania Limited." Owing to the fact that the cars were brightly colored using the same...